Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last Minute Decision...

This past weekend my hubby and I were scheduled to have a date. My in-laws were watching the kids, so at the last minute we decided to take a drive to Austin (Tx). Just what my soul needed.
The views were to die for!

 Last year while flipping through a Souther Living Mag I came across this photo. They described this place of looking like somewhere in the South of France, touting it's beautiful blue/green water and blanket of umbrellas. And it was in none other than Austin. I had all but forgotten about the photo when we decided to make the trip. Until we happened onto "The Oasis".
 Remember my photography class. It's funny when I landed in such a beautiful place, how all of the rules I learned about telling a story and getting better angles went right out of the window. I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of our surroundings.
 This was one of the views from our table, yes the water is that blue!

 That's my hubby in the pink, and our table with an incredible view.

 As soon as we decided to make the trip the first thing I thought of was this...
 While it wasn't better than sitting by the lake basking the gorgeous views it was pretty darn good.
YUM!
What a refreshing trip!
Hope you each had a restful weekend too.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures and so glad you had an amazing trip!

Sharstin said...

That looks so amazing! And what fun Pict Glad you guys got to get away:)

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Austin is totally on my list. I really want to go there. Gorgeous pics.

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

what a great getaway!

i read on the peas & tanks blog that you said an anthropologie is coming to tulsa. do you have any info about when and where it will be?

waynette said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun weekend getaway...looks like a great place. Those unexpected getaways are the best!! Now I understand what the "goofy grins" were all about. :)

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks amazing! How fun for you guys to get away ALONE! I've always wanted to visit Austin. Your pics are lovely.

Unknown said...

Jen, the Anthro is going to be in Utica Square where the old Harrold's was, back by Saks.

LOL Waynette! As soon as we pulled into town Josh and I couldn't wipe the goofy grins off our faces!

Erin said...

What a fun little trip :) Just what I could use!

Kim said...

wow, no wonder people like to live in Austin. It is gorgeous!!! I am so happy you were able to get away from it all.
Anthropolgy...(spelling)now that is an amazing store! I went to the one in Chicago and just last week the one in Myrtle Beach and both were completely different yet alike. YOU will love it!

Miss you like crazy!

emily said...

Your pictures are great. And you know I love Austin! Glad you guys had a great trip!

Krystle said...

I've never been to Texas! Looks sooo relaxing and fun! That cupcake looks mighty yummy too!! =)

Unknown said...

What a pretty spot to visit and that cupcake look delish..

Freckles Chick said...

Cupcakes--delish. Awww, sounds like the PERFECT date, Jess! BTW, it takes a real man to pull off pink. He wears it well!

My FIL lives in Austin & you've just convinced us w/ your photos that we need to make a trip there. GORGEOUS.

Adie said...

I had no idea this is what Austin looks like! Amazing! So glad I found your blog I am trying to learn to use my camera and take more memorable pictures of my kids - you know before they move out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails