Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year Inspiration...


I hope you all had a restful, and jolly Christmas. I have enjoyed having about a week off with the kids. Every year is more fun with them at the holidays. I especially love hearing them say "Happy Birthday baby Jesus"! And now it's over, already...gosh time really flies. Here we are at the end of the year. I have been thinking about the upcoming New Year for sometime. I am so inspired by some fellow blogger friends, Amanda and Laurel, who have been getting their running groove on.  And by my husband who also is an avid runner. It is time for me to get back in a consistent groove of running. I always look forward to a new year (I turn 30 in a few months, so excited!) and a fresh start. And am really wanting to strive


towards making some changes in our diet, and moving to a more vegetarian lifestyle, and in making more time to run. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One run at a time.

Do you have somewhere or someone you draw inspiration from?

Every year we sit down and watch the Ironman. Have you ever watched or possibly competed. My love for this competition grows every year. I cry watching it, seeing personal stories of strength. It is so moving.


{you will need to pause the music at the bottom of the page}


Have you been thinking of goals for this upcoming New Year? What inspires you to do more?

Have a lovely Monday!

7 comments:

amanda torres said...

Whoa! Coming in for the daily read, and read my name...too funny! Thanks for the compliment. I hope this New Year brings you time to complete your goals. I think I may wish the same for myself. The Ironman gets me too. I cannot even imagine the endurance it would take to accomplish that. So for now, I will stick to my little goal. Well, big for me, but little in comparison to an Ironman.

Shannon Phillips said...

I am so proud of you! You go girl, I will cheer you on when I see you fly by my house. I will not be running. I hate it, wish I loved it but the truth is I hate it. Maybe I will start riding my bike. I better wait until the snow melts though. Can you just see me trying to peddle through this muck. Ha. My one goal this year is to put balance in my life.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That is so awesome - you go!!

Unknown said...

You girls are so awesome!

gina said...

Great goals! Mine are alittle more to developing my creative side... wanting to do something more with the time that has been left me with all of the girls in school now. Wanting to be a better person - as a role model for my girls - is what inspires me.

Freckles Chick said...

You can do it, Jess! Those are fantastic resolutions. Now you've got me thinking of mine.......

Haven and Home said...

Happy New Year! (A little early) I am working on my goals, there are so many. I love to watch the Ironman too!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails