Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time For a Cookie Break...


A yummy recipe tested out by 3 little munchkins who give it a thumbs up. Hope you enjoy it too!

Chocolate- Toffee- Granola Cookies!


{Recipe and photo via southern living}
Hands-On Time: 10 min., Total Time: 50 min.
Break up large pieces of granola before stirring into batter.
Yield: Makes 16 servings

Ingredients

  • Parchment paper
  • 1/2  cup  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER! Cooking & Baking Sticks, melted
  • 3/4  cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4  cup  granulated sugar
  • 1  large egg
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1 1/4  cups  all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4  cups  granola cereal
  • 3/4  cup  semisweet chocolate morsels
  • 1/2  cup  toffee bits

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square pan. Line bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Grease parchment paper.
Whisk together melted cooking-and-baking sticks and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in flour; stir in granola, chocolate morsels, and toffee bits until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Carefully lift bars from pan, using parchment paper sides as handles. Cut into bars, and serve warm or cool to room temperature.

10 comments:

Carry Grace said...

These look great! I'm a sucker for anything with toffee in it.

Jenni said...

yummy!!

Shannon Phillips said...

OH MAN! I have such a sweet tooth lately and those look so good! I need to stay away so that I don't scare everyone away in a bathing suit on our cruise.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

mmmmm that sounds delicious!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

those look delicious

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

I love your blog so much i did a feature on it in my last post!

deliciously organized said...

These sound delicious. I love toffee...

Kylie said...

mmm the combo of chocolate and toffee :) I'll have to give these a try!

Meredith said...

Oh man, I HAVE to make those!

Freckles Chick said...

*drooling, stomach growling, coworkers wondering what's making that noise*

I'm sorry, what was I saying? =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails