Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I've Been Framed...

Today I thought I would share one of the frames I painted last week. I hope to finish it out as a chalkboard, but will have to wait til the weather warms up a bit. I found this gorgeous frame in Hobby Lobby in the 60 percent off isle. Yay! Even though it is not yet complete I hung it in the dining room when I intended to hang it when it was all finished. I have to say I am really kind of loving it just as it is! HMMM What to do? To finish it or not to finish it?


I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. The sun is shining this morning and that alone makes my day! I am SO ready for some warmer temperatures.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

13 comments:

Sharstin said...

love that frame girly!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

This has totally been on my DIY project to do list for a while.

sara said...

Lovely! What paint did you use? You inspired me to create a couple of DIY bulletin boards for my new office - I'll be sure to post pics when they are done!

Mise said...

It looks super, even with nothing inside. I'd be proud to hang that.

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies!

Sara, I used Valspar Gloss white. It covers really well. Can't wait to see your projects!

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

I am dying! I love it. I've been in search for something similar to turn into a chalkboard in my kitchen. Did Hobby Lobby have any more like this or was it a one of a kind find?

Unknown said...

Jen, they had 3 frames just like the one I got. They were in the 60 percent isle to the right of the entrance at the 51st and Harvard location. They each had a blemish though. Just to give you a heads up. I hope you find one! Oh and it is the frame only, no backing. =)

Joi said...

Great frame!

Carry Grace said...

Great frame, and it looks good just like it is.

Cate O'Malley said...

Love it. Totally love it!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that frame! And 60% off ~ you are so lucky!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my new banner! :)

Freckles Chick said...

What a gorgeous score! You made it even more so!!

I'm thinking leave it as is, it makes such a lovely statement. When I added the chalkboard to mine, as much as I loved it, it sort of took away from the ornate frame a bit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails