I had almost forgotten that I had wanted to try this little project out. Something jogged my memory and when I told the kids what we were going to do, they were super excited!
I started by sketching out some ideas for stamps. We had planned to do several different t-shirts each.
Rhett really wanted a dinosaur stamp,
So I carved my best T-Rex. =)
I cut each of the potatoes in half. Designs that were a bit larger, I sliced length ways.
Here is a close up of how some of mine turned out.
I used a paint brush and brushed paint on the top of each of my stamps and did a test run to make sure
the stamp was shaped the way I wanted.
Here is what Mr. Rex looked like after he had been used and reused.
The guitar stamp was made up of two pieces and worked out great!
Before applying your paint to the shirts, make sure and insert cardboard inside
the shirt to prevent bleed through.
Here are a few of my finished shirts. =)
I think I might have enjoyed it more than they did.
Here is Rhett's creation.
and last but not least Blairie's!